Monday, April 5, 2010

Meal Plan Monday



The last two weeks have been hard for me to think about meal planning. We had a massive change of seasons (we're in the high 80s here now!), so I think that had something to do with it. My mom has a theory that everyone and everything adjusts with the change of seasons.

After my two week funk, and my childrens' two week reluctance to take naps, I think she is on to something!

This weekend, we dog-sat for my mom, and we were able to eat out FOUR times over the weekend. Plus one grilling out. That's crazy unusual for us, and it gave me just the break I needed. I'm ready to return to my kitchen with a vengenace. I am due with baby #3 in 11.5 short weeks, so I'm also starting to plan some meals that can be doubled, with one for the freezer. That'll be nice that last lazy month of pregnancy, as well as the first few weeks of having a baby home.

Friday: burritos from a local place
Saturday: steaks, baked sweet potatoes, salad
Sunday: spaghetti (doubled)
Monday: french dip sandwiches, peach cobbler
Tuesday: tortilla soup (doubled)
Wednesday: tacos (meat doubled)
Thursday: tamale pie

As usual, I'm linking this to orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday. And, as usual, I'm not quite on time. ~people love me anyway, though~

1 comment:

hidden art of homemaking said...

I am glad you got to eat out so many times...you NEEDED it!!! a break... thank you for dog sitting..they are missing y'all...LOL