Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gallery Wall



I'm finding it a little slower going unpacking a house with littles. I have never been a crazy fast unpacker (in one infamous grad school apartment, I just never unpacked at all the 8 months I lived there), but this is worse than even my normal.

Part of it is, of course, that I'm here all the time. And my house has evolved into much more of a home in the last 5 years since I've moved. I've got more stuff, and I've got more motivation to get it the way I like it.

But part of it is definitely 3 insane little children. Who want to be fed and diapered, wear clean clothes, and have a mama that plays legos with them. Crazy.

So, I balance the thngs that need to be done with the things I want to get done. And sometimes, everything aligns, and I actually get some pictures on the wall. And it's a beautiful thing.

I've wanted one of these gallery walls for a while now. My mom has LOTS of stuff on her walls. My walls have nothing on hers. But, she definitely inspired me. The quote in the middle was a Christmas present that I saved for just the "right" place. A stuffed duck from my husband's single, duck hunting days. Some pictures from our childood, our wedding invitation, and a painting my grandmother did. There's also a rooster (my husband's family crest includes a rooster). And a photograph of the town we lived in while newlyweds. I need to add a picture or two of my boys, and I found a handprint of Mike's from when he was 5 that I'll add. But, mostly, I'm pleased with the way it's turning out. I like having all that on one wall. Very fun.

So, slowly, one wall at a time, the place is coming together. We still love it. Still feel God's hand in the move. And that's a good thing. Cause I'm not looking forward to doing it again any time soon.

1 comment: