Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bowl of yum

I am in love with the flavors of spicy, bitter, and sweet. Yum. I can't get enough.

As it frequently does, this recipe started with beautiful greens. I'm normally not a fan of kale, but this was really pretty at the market, and it was better than usual. Although, really? How can anything go wrong when quickly cooked in olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes? That would make a shoe taste good.


I marinated some pork in chipotle (just boneless pork loin, sliced thin, rubbed with a mashed chipotle, and allowed to sit for a couple of hours). I pan fried this in a tablespoon or so of oil.

Oven roasted some sweet potato cubes. I let these go just a hair long, but they were fine. Just chop, toss with a little oil, salt, and pepper, then roast at 400 for 30 minutes or so.

We mixed all this together, topped with hot sauce, cilantro, onion, and chopped jalapenos. A burrito in a bowl, if you will, with cheap, in season ingredients.



This combination totally works. You must try it soon. So good.

Today, I'm linked to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday. Check it out.

No comments: