Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Meal Plan



Last weekend, our area saw 4 inches of snow. Crazy exciting around here! It stayed cold all weekend, and it's been a cold week. I'm looking forward to some warm weather next weekend, though.

So, this is the week for cozy, comforting food (mostly). I love winter menus for that reason. So warm and filling. Don't get me wrong. Along about May, I'll be dying for salads and tomato sandwiches. But, for right now, soups and stews sound perfect.

Friday: everyone's favorite, tacos!
Saturday: our Valentine's date night at home--spaghetti, cookies
Sunday: Chinese chicken salad (in honor of Chinese New Year)
Monday: spinach lasagna
Tuesday: leftovers (I have a cooking class)
Wednesday: balsamic pork chops, wild rice, green bean casserole
Thursday: meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, salad (my low-carb inlaws are coming to town)

No comments: