Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kroger Bargain Meal April 19-25


Bargain Meal of the Week
We spent yesterday at a state park, having a picnic and celebrating my husband's 37th birthday, and, so, I stepped away from the Kroger Bargain meal for a day. The day was gorgeous--I wish you could have all been there to enjoy wonderful 65 degree weather with us.
Today's meal is sloppy joes with roasted potatoes and canteloupe. I make my own sloppy joes, and it's always a little of this and a little of that. But, I'd say it usually turns out similar to this recipe. I almost always put a spoon of pepper jelly in instead of the brown sugar. It is really, really good. Try it!

Hamburger--on sale--$1.77
Tomato sauce--2 cups--$1
Onion-$0.25
other seasonings--pennies
bell pepper--free if you have a source; otherwise leave it out
Hamburger buns--on sale $1/8 buns--$0.50
Potatoes--on sale $3.99/10 lbs--$0.80
Canteloupe--on sale--$1.38


Total cost--$5.70

No comments: