Monday, February 28, 2011



After last week, I started thinking about our budget, and I decided to increase the amount I allow for groceries. We're not going to turn into spendthrifts overnight, but that extra $20 a week is a needed increase right now, and I think it'll make grocery shopping a little easier. I also have a dear friend (hi Tammy!) that has 3 grown sons of her own. She said a few kind words this week that encouraged me and reminded me that these little boys really do grow and need me to remember that in my budget. So, I'm feeling better about grocery shopping already (and if you've ever been to the store with 3 little helpers, you know that anything that makes you feel better about the process is a good thing indeed!).

Last week, I realized I had been nursing a cold for over a month! Funny how it sneaks up on you, you know? So, I started hitting it hard with some medication plus a homeopathic remedy, and by Thursday, I was feeling dramatically better. I took it easy the whole week, and I'm really amazed by how much more energy I have this week. It snuck up on me, and I didn't realize how under-the-weather I had been feeling. I'm excited to be back to normal (or what passes for normal in the peculiar household).

All that said, let's get to the menu, shall we?

Friday--Thai spring rolls with peanut butter dipping sauce

Saturday--hummus, carrot sticks, and pita (lunch), chicken sandwiches, Texas caviar (supper)

Sunday--Italian wedding soup (lunch), taco salads (supper)

Monday--pumpkin, sausage, and basil pasta, salad

Tuesday--chicken and sausage etouffee over rice(from last week), coleslaw

Wednesday--golden bowl from a beloved vegetarian restaurant in my hometown--a bowl of delicious 80's-ish health foodie tasting goodness (but in a good way)

Thursday--chicken fried rice

As always, I'm linked to Menu Plan Monday over at Orgjunkie. Lots of great ideas over there. Check it out.

No comments: