Thursday, December 31, 2009

Restaurant style date night

A few weeks ago, we had a great date night that started out with Happy Honeys. I just left out the brandy from the recipe as written, and they were fun, seasonal drinks. They didn't really go with our meal, so we enjoyed them first, as we sat and laughed about something (I can't remember exactly what...but I'm sure it included my 3 year old).


Later on that evening, we enjoyed one of my favorite restaurant treats, shrimp cocktel! It's Mexican shrimp cocktail, and it is oh so good. I eat mine with saltine crackers, and Mike eats his with tortilla chips. Either way is really good. I even served these up in my large iced tea glasses to be more restaurant like (sometimes we eat it in bowls, more like gazpacho).



I had read recently to give tiny shrimp a try. Something about the smaller the shrimp, the more likely that they would cook through before the outside gets tough. Anyway...the grocery store had these tiny guys on sale, so I tried out the theory. It proved true for us. They were really tender and sweet.

And another date night comes and goes. But, I can't wait until the next one!

No comments: