Thursday, March 11, 2010

The generosity of others


Usually, I pick the drinks on date night. I like seeing what I can come up with, and let's face it...I get a lot of praise and admiration for my drinks, but the Tomato King would probably be fine with just plain old seltzer, even on Saturday nights.

Me? Not so much.

So, this week, he was very generous, and he made the drinks. We had....get ready for it....

TANG.

Man, I love that boy.



Thanks to the very generous mark downs at my local store, we had these beautiful salads.



And, thanks to my generous mother, who was "cleaning out the freezer and just happened upon these steaks". Hey, mom, I noticed that the date on them was only a week old. But, I love your generosity nonetheless!!



These yummy roasted sweet potatoes completed the meal.

I love it when a date night comes together beautifully. Celebrating our marriage in a tangible way. Week after week. Day after day. Even when my toddlers are crazy, and my husband has worked too many late nights. At the end of the week, I'm still really happy to be living my life. And, if that's not what it's all about, then I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pamela said...

YAY!!!!! I love this!!!!! And, I love your blog!!!