Friday, March 19, 2010

Making dumplings



I recently got to take 3 cooking classes at our local international market. A class on eggrolls, on Chinese Hot Pot, and a class on dumplings. Now, for most of my life, ask me about dumplings, and I'm going to go on and on about my aunt Mitzi's fabulous chicken and dumplings. I'm dumpling challenged, so I tend to buy the frozen ones. But, my aunt Mitzi's dumplings are something of a legend.

I digress.



The Chinese Southern Belle (this is her mom) does not make dumplings like aunt Mitzi. Not at all.



But, oh, the dumplings she does make. Yum!! They were so good.



Evidently, it is important to have dumplings that stand tall and don't slump. I think I got it down. I've bought the ingredients, and I plan on trying my hand at them this weekend. I can't wait!



And, if they are a failure, well, there are always frozen dumplings in the freezer for "real" chicken and dumplings.

2 comments:

tammy said...

Oh good luck! I bet they will be wonderful!!! :)

hidden art of homemaking said...

sounds good.....and her dumplings are so good...wonder if she still makes them.. hmmm