Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Meal Plan for the week



Sometimes, I procrastinate so much that I surprise even myself. And as a lifelong procrastinator of the very highest caliber, that's saying a lot. ~smile~

But, I did actually make a meal plan this week, and we're following it for the most part. Lots of great spring produce is coming in, making the farmers' market so much fun, as well as trip to the garden (both at home and at my mom's house--I'm a lucky woman).

Friday: Indian curry with potatoes, beet greens, mirlitons, and onions, raita, rice

Saturday: out (lunch), pizza (supper)

Sunday: baked potatoes (lunch), waffles with strawberry syrup (supper)

Monday: pan seared swordfish with dill sauce, sauteed chard, asparagus, roasted fingerling potatoes

Tuesday: deconstructed in season burritos--roasted potatoes, chicken, sauteed collards, all in a big pile, topped with monterey jack, cilantro, onions, and jalapenos. I'll probably throw pintos in there, too.

Wednesday: vegetable plate--turnips, onion gratin, "fried" squash, salad

Thursday: slow simmered cube steaks, mashed potatoes, beets

2 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Betsy, thanks for stopping by. I'm from Marietta, so nice to meet you. Oh yeah, those home grown tomatoes are the best. Sounds like you get plenty of them too!

Lisa W said...

Your meal plan sounds great, Betsy. Going to steal a few of those ideas!