Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recent date night

We have had a really pretty spring this year. Lots of warm weather, lots of sunshine, and we've spent lots (just seeing how many times I could use that word) of time outside.

For this date night, we enjoyed our camp chairs in the backyard. We live next door to a little league field, and they were having live music as part of their opening day celebration. Woohoo! Live music for us.

It's the little things.

Yummy toasted saltines with butter, garlic, and parsley.




And lemonade flavored with the end of last season's blueberry lime jam. So good. I don't love this jam on toast (though my kids do), but I really love it in drinks and yogurt. Good stuff.




And that's all it takes. Snacks, special drinks, eavesdropping on music, and great conversation in the backyard with my favorite person. I'm a lucky girl.

No comments: