Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Special Drink Saturday

When we have our date nights on Saturday nights, a big part of the special-ness is our special drink. Sometimes the special drink is simple, sometimes it's complicated...but it's always special. Like I've said before, we mostly drink water (both plain and seltzer) during the week, so it's a big deal to get something else. These days, even when we eat out, we have a growing chorus of boys begging for our drinks, so we usually drink water even in restaurants.

As for me? I'm easily influenced by food trends, and I love the current generation of mixologists and fancy cocktail menus. They are so fun!

So, that's a long way to say, the boys often see me fixing a special drink on Saturdays, and they are very often intrigued. This week, they were interested, but didn't want to try the drink I had made. They wanted one of their own. So, I was happy to indulge them with some grape coke. They were in heaven!



I think this is the first time that I broke out the real glass glasses. The boys did great! We'll definitely use these glasses again.




And, of course, there had to be a long discussion about why milk was best for the new baby, with many apologies that he was unable to get a glass of grape drink this night.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love the look on Mac's face as he takes a drink...:) Cheers to you and your special drinks and your adorable family!