Thursday, August 6, 2009

Reduce, reuse...

I love my dog. So, when his bedding needed to be washed, I went the extra step, and I dried it in the sunshine. A little extra freshness, just for him.

and a little extra stink removal, too



But, when the bedding was out there sunning, it brought back memories of my childhood. This was the bedspread on my parents' bed for years and years. Totally 80s, totally beautiful, and it takes me right back to laying there, watching my mom get dressed, in her big hair and fancy red high heel shoes.

And, this, my friends, this is why my house is a cluttered, sentimental mess.

At least I'm happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still love the pattern.. :-) paid $20 for that bedspread and it was NEW ...it was from late 70's..pure vintage.. :-) makes me smile to see it..and I can still see you laying there watching me get that hair big! LOL