Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Date night!

Picasa was acting a little wonky with my pictures this week, so these are a little slow getting up. This weekend was beautiful! My husband is the king of the yard around here. My chief job is to admire and entertain kiddos while he works on it. And, honestly, I think I have the best end of that bargain! I hate to sweat (tell me again why I live in the south.... but I digress). So, for date night this week, I found some steaks on sale, and I talked Mike into grilling. We were able to sit on the back deck and admire his beautiful yard, freshly mowed, and his beautiful garden, with tiny little seedlings smiling up at us.

As always, we had to have a special drink. No pictures unfortunately. This week's drink was a sparkling honey grapefruit soda. Gotta love the soda club machine!

Salad, with the end of the pickled beets from last summer

Steak and baked potato. Really, what could be better?

2 comments:

tammy said...

Mmmm, love baked potatoes. Sounds like a great date night meal. :)

Anonymous said...

that looks soooo good... a true date night meal..