Thursday, January 28, 2010

The little blessings


with my door prize bag of flour

with one of the presenters, Julie


the main presenter, Pam (who makes a mean pie crust with 1 stick of butter per crust!)

We serve a very good God, don't we?

When I made my Christmas list this year, I included "cooking classes." I didn't think that I would really get them, but it sparked something in me, and I all of a sudden really wanted them! I had taken a series of 4 classes when I was newly pregnant with my firstborn, and they were a lot of fun. Even as I battled nausea through her cooking in front of us. I still remember the smell of one particular creme de menthe drink (the classes were straightforward, but very retro in feel). Despite that horrid green drink (LOL), I still really enjoyed those classes.

I get money for Christmas every year, and I had decided that I would splurge this year and take some classes. I'm in a lull without a baby attached to me, and I wanted to take advantage of it. Classes around here run $40-$50, so I figured I would find one class, and that would be enough.

Imagine my surprise when I've been blessed this winter with the opportunity for FOUR cooking classes, all for free!!!! Last night, I attended a baking demonstration by King Arthur Flour about pie crusts (completely free!). And, my grocery store/international market is having a series of Asian cooking classes in January and February. I signed up quickly when I saw the sign for those, too. Those cost $10, but they are giving away a $10 gift certificate at the end of class. I shop there anyway, so it's basically a free class.

Both classes so far have been fun, and I'm looking forward to the next two. And the best part is that God really did hear the desires of my heart and honor them. Sometimes it is the little things that are the really big things, you know?

2 comments:

tammy said...

I love that you've gotten this opportunity!!! I am going to have to look around here for some classes, because they sound like too much fun. :)

csr said...

We're so glad you were able to attend the Travelling Baking Demo in Georgia! Enjoy the flour - wishing you Happy Baking! Irene @ King Arthur Flour