Monday, August 30, 2010

Meal Plan Monday



My posts have been so few lately--I've missed creating stuff and writing and thinking and posting. Life just gets in the way sometimes. I'm hopeful for a slow down soon.

I always look forward to fall. Somehow, even far removed from the days of school, September still feels more like the new year than January does. Funny how that works, huh? Maybe the Jewish calendar has something there.

Regardless... we're in the thick of tomato season. Not as bountiful as last year, but still lots of yummy tomatoes to enjoy. And, I'm busy getting ready for the fair as well. In the next 2 weeks, I need to finish a cross-stitch, make a burp cloth, and can some onion jam. Not too much, right?

Oh, and my washer just died! So, I am attempting to fix that, keep up with our laundry somehow, and did I mention we're moving next month? And we still don't know where? And my big boys don't think they need to nap every day?? Aaaackkkk!! It'll all work out, but in the meantime, wow. Just wow.

Sometimes those few minutes in the kitchen chopping and dicing are the best few minutes of the day. I turn on my best friend, Curious George, start chopping, and really, all is right with the world.

Until someone starts playing in the toilet water.


So, here's my menu for this week, in all its glory.

Friday--hot and sour soup, eggrolls

Saturday--out (lunch), Irish nachos with fresh pico de gallo (supper)

Sunday--BLTs (lunch), grilled chicken, corn, salad, mac and cheese (supper)

Monday--Thai stir fried beef, coconut rice, stir fried bok choy

Tuesday--quesadillas for the boys (Mama has cooking class; I'm eating lobster cioppino!)

Wednesday--birthday supper! There has been some indecision, but I think it's pizza and cupcakes

Thursday--chopped steak with mushrooms, rice, green beans


As always, I'm linking to orgjunkie's Meal Plan Monday...Lots of great ideas over there. Check it out!

4 comments:

Jon said...

Hilarious as always. I started planning out my meals a couple weeks ago and it makes things so much easier. I think you are finally rubbing off on me. Can't wait to see you all Monday!

Jessica said...

Your menu looks great! Im curious what Irish nachos are?! Have fun at cooking class it sounds yummy!

Ynaffit said...

Yes, what are Irish nachos? Is that just with potatoes?

Betsy said...

The Irish nachos are very easy! it's a copy of something a local place made when I was in grad school. Waffle cut french fries (use the frozen ones to make it easy), cooked, then piled up with nacho toppings. So easy, but really good. I like to serve it with a Mexican ranch (add some cumin and chili powder to ranch) on the side. It's goooood!