Monday, September 13, 2010

Meal Plan



Happy birthday to my sweet brother Jon today! As a child, I always wondered how my mom always knew when it was her siblings' birthdays. And, now, as an adult, I totally understand. When I see September 13th written down, I always think of Jon first. He's had a rough year, but he's come out on top, and I love seeing him bloom where he's planted. He's fun to be around, I love living vicariously through his vacations and exploits, and all the women love him (as they should!). Enjoy your day, Jon!

Friday--sopes made with carnitas, pico de gallo

Saturday--sloppy joes (lunch), french dip sandwiches, roasted cauliflower (supper)

Sunday--BLTs (lunch), migas with rajas (supper)

Monday--spaghetti, salad (last week's spaghetti turned into stuffed bell peppers because of a great sale on peppers)

Tuesday--cooking class; I've been encouraging Mike to branch out, so I think they are having pancakes (LOL)

Wednesday--scalloped potatoes with ham, bok choy

Thursday--salisbury steak with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, whatever else needs eating up (it's the day before payday/shopping day)

As always, I'm linked to Meal Plan Monday at orgjunkie. I can get lost for an embarassingly long time as I look at other people's ideas for stuff to cook.

2 comments:

hidden art of homemaking said...

it warms this mama's heart for y'all to love each other..remembering siblings birthdays is easy for some reason.. :-)

Kim said...

Betsy, happy birthday to your brother! I enjoy all the links you post...I've already bookmarked this morning several recipes I'd like to try! :)

Have a blessed day!
Kimmy