Thursday, May 28, 2009

Publix Bargain Meal May 28- June 3


Bargain Meal of the Week


Y'all! The header for this post has JUNE in it. I can.not.believe that it is almost June. This year has flown by. In less than 2 months, I will have a one year old. I was just mentioning to my husband--babies are so crazy. In one breath, you can't imagine life without them, and in the other breath, it seems like they just got here. Nuts. But, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Not even a night at the Outer Banks, listening to the waves lap up to the shore. Not that I'm jonesing for the beach or anything. No. Nothing like that.

So, since it's almost JUNE people, I thought we'd celebrate summer with a wonderful, grilled meal. The true beauty of grilled food is that I have no idea how to operate our grill. That's right. Not a clue. My husband has deemed himself the king of charcoal (the man likes to be king ), and that is fine with me. I like having a little less cooking to do. I've always said that if something existed that was the opposite of the protestant work ethic, well, that'd fit me to a tee.

Anyway...

This weeks' meal is grilled London broil, horseradish sauce, rolls, and grilled zuchinni.

I love London broil. Such a great, cheap piece of meat. And, because you slice it thinly to serve it, no one even realizes that the serving size is only 4 ounces. A fabulous trick of the eye. My favorite way to prepare it? Sprinkle some Montreal Steak Seasoning on, smear with a bit of olive oil, let it sit for 2-8 hours, then fire up the grill. We like ours medium rare. Good stuff.



London broil--on sale--$2.27
sour cream--on sale $1.39 until 5/29--$1.05
horseradish--approx $0.50
chives--not even gonna remind you to plant your herbs!
lemon juice
zuchinni--on sale--$0.99
rolls--I buy the frozen blobs of dough--secret family recipe--$1.50

Total cost for a lovely meal you mostly didn't cook--$6.31

As always, for more ideas, check out Bargain Meal of the Week at $5 dinners.

1 comment:

tammy said...

Mmmm...I think I will have to make this exact meal soon!! Seriously. ;)