Saturday, June 27, 2009

Soft as butter

My baby will celebrate his first birthday next month.

Which makes this little unfinished project almost too embarrassing to blog about. Almost.

Today, I tackled one of my long neglected piles. Last year, when I was pregnant, I tried to wear my very comfy, very well loved, fabric as soft as butter and as thin as silk, pajama pants. Let me just tell you. A pregnant belly the size of Texas and fabric as thin as silk don't match. And, not one to learn easily, I had four pairs of pants to repair. Four (!!) times, I made the same mistake.

I have an awesome sewing machine. A great sewing area. This was just one of those projects that kept getting put to the bottom of the list. But, it's eighty nine bajillion thousand degrees outside this time of year, so it's the perfect time to get little projects done. And, I tackled the pile.

Y'all.

It took 20 minutes.

I'm ashamed. But, mostly, I'm kicking myself cause I really do love these very soft, very comfy, fabric as thin as silk, pajama pants. My friends, I have missed you!!

Motto of the story. Get to your piles and knock something out today. You'll be happier for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that's funny (and sounds like something I'd *totally* do!) I find that most projects don't take nearly as long as procrastinating to do them...

Anonymous said...

I AM FEELING CONVICTED.... ROFL.my pile will grow smaller this week...my old sewing shop called these UFO's..un finished objects.. UFO..here I come... :-) maybe..

Rebecca said...

Hmmmm...
Does that mean I need to finish 2007 in the Family Scrapbook today? I AM on December...