Sunday, July 5, 2009

All American Date Night

This week, date night fell on the 4th of July. And, lucky for us, this year it wasn't as "hot as the 4th of July." The weather was beautiful all day. A big parade early in the day meant that the boys went to bed early, and we were able to enjoy some time alone.
An all American meal. Hamburgers, corn on the cob, and potato salad.


An all American drink. This is cherry blueberry lemonade. I realize that I've been all about the lemonades lately, but they are so beautiful, hold flavors really well, and by george, I like 'em. Last week, I made some de-lish-ous cherry amaretto jam. I used that and fresh blueberries to flavor regular lemonade. This stuff was sooooo good. Really, really good.


An all American past time. NASCAR racing on TV.


And my all American redneck husband. He knows to be happy that I love him and his NASCAR ways.

No comments: