Thursday, February 5, 2009

Publix Bargain Meal

Photobucket


Over at $5 dinners, she has a new challenge to come up with meals out of the weekly sales flyers. Publix has become one of my favorite stores, and their ad comes out on Thursday. I love Publix for their customer service (they take my groceries to my car! Every time!), but also for their great sales.

So, here's what I see for this week:

A perfect meal for Saturday night's Budweiser Shootout (you know you'll be watching)

Chili-cheese fries

For a family of four, purchase potatoes (on sale 5 lb/$2)-- you'll probably use 3 pounds--($1.20), Bush's homestyle chili ($1.50), and Publix cheese ($2.00). You'll need hot sauce (cause, really, a meal like this needs hot sauce), too ($0.25 for half a bottle of Texas Pete).

Oven baked french fry recipe here

Total: $4.95




No comments: