Monday, May 11, 2009

Meal Plan Monday




Sometimes, life throws you a curve. Last week, my gallbladder had to come out. As a result, my boys spent 4 days with grandma, my husband ate all my favorite fast foods (!!!!!!), and I was hooked up to an IV for several days, with nothing by mouth. I'd wax on about the turkey sandwich, but wait, I've already done that. I had a menu plan, but, of course, it was abandoned mid week (my week runs Friday-Thursday for meal planning).


This week, I have a skeleton menu plan. We'll do what we can, patch together the rest, and hope for my appetite to return. I'm already physically feeling much, much better. My appetite is somewhere in there, I'm sure. I'll wait on the old girl. A fat girl's appetite is not one that will run away forever. There are few things in life that are sure, but that's definitely one of them.


Breakfasts: oatmeal, cheese toast, eggs in a frame


Lunch: leftovers, Ramen, tuna fish, pasta with butter and cheese


Friday: pasta (hey, nothing else sounded good), salad
Saturday: tacos
Sunday: grilled chicken, corn on the cob, new potatoes (you go, Mike!)
Monday: chicken and rice casserole (from the freezer), salad
Tuesday: white chicken chili (from the freezer)
Wednesday: fish (from the freezer...hmm...notice a theme??), rice, green beans
Thursday: spaghetti (freezer again)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great menu planned.
Please stop by my blog. I'm celebrating 4 years of blogging with a drawing. Just leave a comment during the month of May. The prize...a $25 gift certificate from vinylvineyard at Etsy.com!