Monday, March 23, 2009

Meal Planning



I love to meal plan. I love to sit down with a blank sheet, think about the week, and decide what to make. It's similar to buying seeds, you know? So many options, so much promise out there. The world is your oyster.

Or at least that is what I tell myself while I'm meal planning.

Friday: beefed up Chinese burritos
Saturday: rice and bean burritos (lunch), gumbo, potato salad (supper)
Sunday: take-out (lunch), very veggie lentil chili , salad(supper)
Monday: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cabbage, salad
Tuesday: spinach/bacon/swiss quiche, honeydew melon, muffins, salad
Wednesday: chicken and rice casserole, carrots, salad
Thursday: grilled brats, roasted sweet potatoes
Friday: oven roasted pork butt

As always, orgjunkie has tons and tons and tons of folks with ideas of their own. You can always find something new to inspire your own blank piece of paper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're definitely creating one's menu planning.
These high winds are really kicking those of us wih allergies. Ugh!
Well, while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew I thought I would stop by MPM blogs and see what's being served.
Your menu sounds delicious.